OK so there are lot’s of cruising/sailing blogs offering great advice and experise. We will also share our thoughts on what has worked for us, but we actually do not feel in anyway experienced enough to be telling people ‘how it’s done’.
Baby stuff we like
- Bumbo Baby Seat (see our review HERE).
- Baby Beehinds
- Mustang Lil Legends Lifejackets for toddlers.
- Ducks. Ducks are way cool. Sophie loves ducks. I love ducks. Everyone loves ducks. Not the rubber duck kind. The real thing.
- Foldable baby bath purchased at Target, how else do you bath a baby in a boat or in marina shower blocks.
- Baby Bjorn baby carrier. Great for walks, provisioning trips, getting to and from shower blocks, and just doing life.
- Moov Insect Spray ( All natural, no nasties)
Boat stuff we like
- Lofrans Tigress Anchor Windlass.
- Snap It Cockpit Tables and accesories.
- Our Mantus 35b Anchor *
- Hood boom bag. We can tell you that the Mona Vale loft customer service is sensational.
- Rob’s Passage Planner by Rob Starkey. You could cruise Queensland, Australia without it but that would be silly.
- Alan Lucas Cruising guides.
- Angostura Rum. We ain’t cruising the Caribeean yet but we can pretend can’t we??
- Manson Racer Anchors. We ain’t no racer, but a ligthweight, easy to stow secondary anchor???? Yes please we will take two.
* We received a small discount on our Mantus Anchor in exchange for telling people what we think about it.( so far thumbs up :))
Boat electronics/gadgets we like
- Memory Maps/ quickcharts navigation software. Raster charts on your laptop.
- Cheap handheld Garmin GPS units.
- Navionics app for Iphone/Ipad (ok ummm der EVERYONE knows about this now I know but still it is cool)
- InavX for your Ipad. More expensive than above, but if you want a faully featured chartplotter on your Ipad this is the way to go.
- Our Icom Handhelf VHF, for dinghy/shore to boat communications.
Other honourable mentions
- Port Bundaberg Marina. Frinedly, very efficient, wonderful marina. The BEST marina on the east coast of Australia.
- Stewart Shipwrights in Newport, NSW.